Home / Family Violence

What’s the Law? Australian law for new arrivals

Story (10) Family Violence

Watch the story

Download Activity Sheets as a Zip File – Family Violence

If you believe someone has been or is likely to be seriously hurt because of domestic violence you must report to

Police Assistance Line
131 444

If you are in danger phone the Police on 000

If you need support to escape domestic violence:
Dawn House Domestic Violence Crisis Service, Darwin
Ph: (08) 8945-1388

YWCA Domestic and Family Violence Centre (Palmerston and Rural area)
Ph: (08) 89329155

If you are a man who wants help with violence
MensLine Australia
Free call 1300 78 99 78 (24 hours a day)

For free legal help

Domestic Violence Legal Service
(08) 8999 7977

If you need an interpreter to help you contact a service phone TIS 131 450

Translate »