Legal Aid Helpline
Experiencing Legal Problems?
Take your first step towards a solution
Call the Legal Aid Helpline 1800 019 343
Open Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm
A free, confidential service for everyone.
Free information from qualified operators, who can:
- give you clear answers to questions over the phone
- help you work out what to do next
- tell you the best place to go for more help
- organise an appointment for free legal advice
- send written information by post or email to help you understand your situation
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can talk to the Helpline in their languages by calling the Aboriginal Interpreter Service on 1800 334 944 and asking to connect to Legal Aid Helpline on 1800 019 343.
Speakers of other languages can call the Helpline by calling the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50 and asking to connect to Legal Aid Helpline on 1800 019 343.
Our Helpline operators are also available to chat with you online. Just click on the “Let’s Talk!” icon at the right of your screen to get some legal help. Our Law Talk program has been funded by the NT Government.